Akasha (Sanskrit ākāśa आकाश) is a term for æther in traditional Indian cosmology.
This is the most subtle element in the universe and what inspired us when we named our retreat. “Akasha” in Sanskrit translates to all-enclosing, omnipresent or all-pervading, space is the eternal observer, consciousness that sees without reacting. It is the space or home within which all objects of the universe exist, the root cause of all other elements.
The function of space is the queen of medicines in both Restorative yoga and Ayurveda. Virtually every therapeutic action we encourage involves the addition or sculpting of spaciousness.
We seek space in the hollow regions of the body. We seek to expand skeletal structures for improved circulation and organ decompression.
We seek space in the breath and senses, and, coherent with mindfulness instructions, we look for the space between breaths and sensations. We investigate all pauses, pregnant with meanings yet to unfold.
Space in Restorative yoga bathes us in unexpressed potentials for a freer life, a more open identity.
Guided Barefoot Moss Walking Meditation, 3 Journaling Exercises in Creating Space in our lives to Accept, Change & Evolve, Guided Pranayama Practice.
A 1.5 hrs Sacred Sound Tibetan Bowl session with guest performers
- Twice Daily gentle yoga sessions to warm up in the morning and stretch in the evening. Vinyasa & Yin Yoga styles, all classes suitable for beginners & intermediates
- 3 Daily healthy plant based meals all organic and local produce, nutritionally balanced, varied & delicious!
- All drinks on retreat, cold pressed juices & smoothies, filtered water & organic detoxifying teas
- 5 nights accommodation in boutique rooms with en-suite bathrooms and glorious mountain views
- Introduction to yoga philosophy and practice through dedicated workshops
- Enjoy hiking, nature & forest walks, reading & relaxing in our common spaces
- Group activities, cinema & library, creative arts & crafts
- Unlimited Jacuzzi Hot Tub & Sauna, traditional & infra-red
- Optional Spa Massage Therapy & Salt Herbal Bath Soak Rituals
- Pick up & Drop Off to & from Brasov City
- Integrative Medicine & Nutrition support from Medical Doctors.
Highlights of Alchemy of Nature, The element of Space
Space in the Body – asanas create space through lengthening & expanding muscles & tissues
Space in the Breath – on the mat, we create space in our body by breathing—we create space in the chest, the back, the belly, the ribs. Our body thus becoming as a vessel for our breath.
Space for Change – Every day, every practice is different, and we have to let the posture have its latitude to change and vary from time to time. Maybe yesterday your body was able to do a full Wheel, but today it only wants to settle in Bridge. We come with certain expectations, but often, the pose will not match them. This is why we have to come into the asana with enough room to let it be. This space allows our asanas to evolve, progress, and advance. Similarly as in life & coping with self imposed expectations.
Space to Evolve – We also have to create room in our self practice to listen to ourselves. Even with a planned practice where each asana is followed by another, we have to listen to how we feel at that moment. Allowing our plans to change when practicing is very important, and this flexibility comes from an open mind, and a capacity to keep room for change and creativity.
Space in the Mind – We create space in our minds during meditation, or breath work in the asanas, by quieting our minds and freeing a lot of the thoughts and worries that we keep there. Eighty percent of the thoughts we have every day are thoughts we may have already had the day before, and that we will have again the following day, so imagine how much space we gain by shutting them out even for just a couple minutes.
Space In Our Lives – consciously creating space in your life for self-care. By bringing mindfulness in our lives, we create space to think, to practice yamas, to care for others, to feel connected to ourselves and to the universe. This space that we free up in our minds also enables us to listen to ourselves and to others. It gives room for wisdom, freedom to change, grow, expand, and evolve to become the best version of ourselves.
Twin Room - Sharing – €700.00
Double Room - Private – €1120.00
Rates are per person all inclusive as per the retreat package. Supplement for a second person when sharing the same double room applies.
30% deposit remaining balance on arrival