“All Disease Begins In The Gut.” – Hippocrates
This retreat goes to the core of what type of wellness we promote, how to harness the power of the mind-gut connection to take super charge of our health and listen to the innate wisdom of our bodies.
The bodily process of digestion and absorption is one of the most important to our health. Hippocrates made this statement over two thousand years ago and it is truer today than ever.
This retreat will have at it’s core a gut healing diet for 6 Days, gentle movement through challenging & rewarding yoga practices, presentation by Dr Ana Maria Stoica on the role of excessive stress and anxiety in Gastrointestinal disease and cognitive disorders, and how to “listen to your gut” and pay attention to the signals your body is sending you.
- A Gut Healing Menu composed of 3 daily meals all organic and local produce, nutritionally balanced, varied & delicious! Options for Vegans/Vegetarian and Meat Eaters will be provided.
- Daily probiotic, multivitamin & Omega 3 supplements.
- Presentation by Dr Ana Maria Stoica on the role of excessive stress and anxiety in Gastrointestinal disease and cognitive disorders, and how to “listen to your gut” and pay attention to the signals your body is sending you.
- Twice Daily gentle yoga sessions to warm up in the morning and stretch in the evening Vinyasa & Yin Yoga, all classes suitable for beginners & intermediates
- All drinks on retreat, cold pressed juices & smoothies, filtered water & organic detoxifying teas
- 5 nights accommodation in boutique rooms with en-suite bathrooms and glorious mountain views
- Introduction to yoga philosophy and practice through dedicated workshops
- Enjoy hiking, nature & forest walks, reading & relaxing in our common spaces
- Group activities, cinema & library, creative arts & crafts
- Unlimited Jacuzzi Hot Tub & Sauna, traditional & infra-red
- Optional Spa Massage Therapy & Salt Herbal Bath Soak Rituals
- Pick up & Drop Off to & from Brasov City
- Integrative Medicine & Nutrition support from Medical Doctors.
Food for healing the gut
If you are a meat & dairy eater, going on a plant based diet alone will not be the quickest way to heal the gut. On this retreat we will be serving some organic lean meat broths and slow cooked meals with meat for non vegan/vegetarians. Our aim being that if you wish to continue to eat meat there are ways in which your food can be both sustainable & healthy not just fuel.
For vegans / vegetarians suitable options will be provided.
Here are the 4 foods and supplements we will be promoting during this retreat:
#1 Bone Broth – broth contains collagen and the amino acids proline and glycine that can help heal your damaged cell walls. For vegans/ vegetarians there will be a vegan gut healing broth.
#2 Fermented Vegetables – contain organic acids that balance intestinal pH and probiotics to support the gut. We make our own Sauerkraut & kimchi.
#3 Coconut Products – all coconut products are especially good for your gut. The MCFA’s in coconut are easier to digest than other fats so they work well for leaky gut. Our own coconut kefir contains probiotics that support your digestive system.
#4 Sprouted Seeds – chia seeds, flaxseeds and hemp seeds that have been sprouted are great sources of fiber that can help support the growth of beneficial bacteria.
#5 Unfiltered Organic Apple Cider Vinegar – The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar may help stimulate stomach acid production to help you better digest and absorb nutrients from the food you eat.
We will not be serving dairy, sugar or gluten during the retreat.
What are the signs of unhealthy digestion?
A few worth mentioning: Acid reflux, Throat and nose issues (clearing throat, runny nose, etc.), Gas/bloating, Inflammation anywhere in the body, Skin disorders anywhere on the body, Negative reactions to food, Loose stools or constipation
Our bodies rely on proper enzymes and healthy microbes to work with pathogenic bacteria and to produce anti-bacterial cultures in order to strengthen the intestinal walls and to support our immune system.
Today we are challenged on many fronts: lifestyle and diet, deficient intestinal flora, stress, toxic chemicals in our food/water/environment, consumption of alcohol, and frequent use of antibiotics all deplete our healthy supply of beneficial enzymes and bacteria. This allows disease to take hold beginning with yeast strains. Supplementing with friendly bacteria help keep harmful bacteria from multiplying in our intestines
Poor digestion will eventually cause one’s health to break down. Some examples of this breakdown are listed below: Autoimmune disorders, Food and general allergies, Autism, Chronic viral infections, Genital infections, Hepatitis, Liver cirrhosis and biliary disease, Tuberculosis, Meningitis, Malignancy, Arthritis, Diabetes, Eczema, Mental illness, Clinical infections. The trend of mental illness is particularly disturbing and related to enzyme deficiencies.
EARLY BIRD RATES
Twin Room - Sharing – €843
Double Room - Private – €1308
Rates are per person all inclusive as per the retreat package. Supplement for a second person when sharing the same double room applies.
30% deposit remaining balance on arrival